Education opens up minds and builds bridges. And that is why as an ASEAN citizen, you are open to many opportunities to develop yourself academically, culturally and professionally.
Here is a list of scholarship opportunities we have compiled for your easy reference:
- EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) encourages ASEAN student mobility. Fully funded, one-semester exchange, open to students studying at participating universities in ASEAN, who have completed at least 2 semesters of study.
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) initiative aim to reduce poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in ASEAN and paying tuition fees regulated by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange. Applicant must choose a field of study or research that is aligned with, and contributes to, the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- ASEAN Business Advisory Council (ASEAN-BAC) Scholarship aims to foster “ASEAN youths with ASEAN hearts”, and is a way for the private sector of ASEAN to continually contribute towards the enhancement of “People-to-People Connectivity” (P2P).
- Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT) provides opportunities to faculty members from higher education institutions in ASEAN to obtain a doctoral degree in Korea. It aims to enhance their expertise as well as promote people-to-people exchanges between the ROK and ASEAN.
- ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship (ACYLS) seeks to increase people-to-people exchanges, strengthen educational cooperation, and promote academic exchanges and linkages between ASEAN and China. The scholarship covers a Doctoral/Masters degree programme and one-semester research programme. ACYLS offers full scholarship covering all program-related expenses including tuition waiver and other school fees, accommodation, round-trip international airfare, comprehensive medical insurance, and stipends.
- Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program deepens people-to-people engagement and strengthens educational ties between US and ASEAN. It is open to university faculty, the foreign ministry, and other government officials, and professional staff from the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs in ASEAN. The awardee will travel to the U.S. for 3-4 months for scholarly and professional research on issues that are relevant to ASEAN, and central to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship.
- Erasmus+ Scholarships is an EU programme for education, training, youth, and sport. It offers a range of opportunities for higher education students, doctoral candidates, staff, and institutions from around the world including ASEAN.
- Asia University Scholarship for Students from ASEAN Countries in Japan. Applicant should be from ASEAN and be currently enrolled as a Senior High School 3rd-Year Student or have graduated from High School within the past year
If you do come across anything that is not on the list, do let us know via link.