- China and WHO acted too slowly to contain Covid-19, says independent panelon January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
China and the World Health Organization (WHO) could have acted quicker and more forcefully to contain the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, an independent review panel said on Monday.
- Presidential resultson January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
- Notorious Chinese-Canadian alleged drug kingpin arrested in Amsterdamon January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
A Chinese-born alleged drug kingpin accused of presiding over a multi-billion dollar narcotics operation has been arrested by Dutch authorities.
- An Indian priest and a nun caught in sex act murdered the sister who found them. Nearly 3 decades later, justice is servedon January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
The dead nun’s slippers were scattered on the convent kitchen floor — one near the entrance, the other by the fridge.
- Latest election newson January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
- Election fact checkon January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
- A year from lockdown, Wuhan returns to normal life, but is still haunted by emotional scarson January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
On the surface, Wuhan bustles like a city that has never known a paralyzing 76-day lockdown. But the severe measures also came at a huge personal cost to residents, and despite the apparent return to normal life, deep emotional scars haunt the city.
- China flies warplanes close to Taiwan in early test of Bidenon January 25, 2021 at 10:30 pm
China dispatched two large formations of warplanes close to the self-governing island of Taiwan over the weekend, presenting a significant foreign policy challenge to new United States President Joe Biden just days into his administration.
- Biden seeks to reinforce ‘Made in America’ approach favoured by Trumpon January 25, 2021 at 11:51 am
WASHINGTON: President Joe Biden will sign an executive order on Monday (Jan 25) giving priority to US companies and products in contracts with the federal government, pushing a “Made in America” approach favoured by predecessor Donald Trump. The order, senior White House officials said, aims to …
- Malaysia reports 3,048 new COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths; 351 active clusters nationwideon January 25, 2021 at 11:10 am
KUALA LUMPUR: The Klang Valley, comprising Selangor and Kuala Lumpur, accounted for about a third of Malaysia’s 3,048 new COVID-19 cases on Monday (Jan 25). There were 1,035 cases in Selangor and 305 in the capital Kuala Lumpur. A further 529 infections were found in Johor and 348 in Sabah …
- Nine trapped Chinese miners confirmed dead, one still missingon January 25, 2021 at 11:04 am
BEIJING: Chinese rescue workers have found the bodies of nine more miners after an explosion a fortnight ago, local officials said Monday (Jan 25), raising the death toll to 10. It comes a day after 11 miners were pulled out alive from the mine in eastern Shandong province where the blast struck …
- China tackles COVID-19 pandemic with mass construction once againon January 25, 2021 at 9:28 am
BEIJING: A sprawling quarantine centre of more than 4,000 rooms is being thrown up in northern China in response to a COVID-19 outbreak in Shijiazhuang, a city of more than 10 million people in Hebei province. Satellite images from the European Space Agency show dramatic changes over 10 days in an …
- Pfizer requests South Korea approval of COVID-19 vaccines ahead of February rollouton January 25, 2021 at 9:18 am
SEOUL: Drugmaker Pfizer has filed an application seeking approval of its COVID-19 vaccines to be used in South Korea as the country gears up to begin inoculations next month, authorities said on Monday (Jan 25). The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety said it aims to reach a decision within 40 days …
- Iran asks Indonesia to explain seizure of tanker accused of illegal oil transferon January 25, 2021 at 9:03 am
JAKARTA: Iran has asked Indonesia to provide details about the seizure of an Iranian-flagged vessel, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said on Monday (Jan 25), a day after Jakarta said it had seized Iran and Panama-flagged tankers in its waters. Indonesia said on Sunday its …
- China says US military in South China Sea not good for peaceon January 25, 2021 at 8:52 am
BEIJING: The United States often sends ships and aircraft into the South China Sea to “flex its muscles” and this is not good for peace, China’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday (Jan 25), after a US aircraft carrier group sailed into the disputed waterway. The strategic South China Sea, through …
- Nepal’s caretaker PM ejected from ruling party, remains in officeon January 25, 2021 at 8:46 am
KATHMANDU: Nepal’s caretaker Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli was ejected from the country’s ruling Communist party on Monday (Jan 25), his opponents said, in protest at his abrupt move in December to dissolve parliament and call for an early general election. Despite being stripped of party …
- Indian farmers ride caravan of tractors into capital ahead of Republic Dayon January 25, 2021 at 8:06 am
Caravans of tractors clogged a key highway in northern India on Monday as tens of thousands of farmers protesting against agriculture reforms streamed into the capital ahead of celebrations for Republic Day.
- Indian, Chinese troops in new border brawl: Reportson January 25, 2021 at 7:30 am
NEW DELHI: Indian and Chinese troops brawled on their contested Himalayan border leaving injuries on both sides, military sources and media reports said on Monday (Jan 25). The incident last week came six months after a pitched battle which killed at least 20 Indian troops and an unknown number of …