- More than 30 killed as suicide attack rocks mosque in Afghanistan’s Kandaharon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
A suicide attack at the largest Shia mosque in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar killed 32 people and injured at least 68 more, the government-owned Bakhtar News Agency said Friday.
- Japan’s Mount Aso volcano spews plumes of ash, people warned awayon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
A volcano erupted in Japan on Wednesday, blasting ash several miles into the sky and prompting officials to warn against the threat of lava flows and falling rocks, but there were no reports of injuries or casualties.
- China isn’t about to invade Taiwan. But the two sides are on a dangerous pathon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
Beijing is piling military, economic and diplomatic pressure on Taiwan to achieve its longterm goal of “One China.” But experts worry that if Chinese Communist Party leaders believe they have no hope of a peaceful “reunification,” they may turn to more drastic measures.
- Bali earthquake kills at least 3 peopleon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
At least three people have died in Bali after a magnitude 4.8 earthquake hit the Indonesian island in the early hours of Saturday, damaging buildings and leaving people trapped in the rubble.
- Myanmar junta ‘extremely disappointed’ over leader’s exclusion from ASEAN summiton October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
Myanmar’s military junta said Saturday it was “extremely disappointed” with a decision by Southeast Asian foreign ministers to exclude its leader Min Aung Hlaing from an upcoming summit.
- Countries in Asia are placing orders for a new drug to treat coronavirus. Poorer nations could miss out againon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
During the global scramble to secure vaccines, many countries in Asia-Pacific were slow off the mark. This time, they’re not making the same mistake.
- Father suspected of killing daughters and grandchildren in Pakistan marriage feudon October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
A father in Pakistan is suspected of killing his two daughters and their four children by setting their house ablaze because one of the women married against his wishes, police said.
- Myanmar to release 5,600 prisoners held for anti-junta protestson October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm
Myanmar’s junta has freed hundreds of political prisoners from Yangon’s Insein prison, Reuters reported Tuesday, citing local media. It follows the junta’s announcement Monday that it would free more than 5,600 people arrested for protesting against military rule.
- South Korea launches own space rocket for the first timeon October 21, 2021 at 9:02 am
- Hong Kong ditches local licensing exam to tackle doctor shortageon October 21, 2021 at 8:36 am
- EU lawmakers push for closer ties with Taiwan, drawing anger from Chinaon October 21, 2021 at 8:00 am
- Nearly 200 perish in India, Nepal floodson October 21, 2021 at 7:14 am
- US bars Malaysian glove maker Supermax over alleged labour abuseson October 21, 2021 at 7:13 am
- India celebrates 1 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses with song and danceon October 21, 2021 at 6:56 am
- Flights cancelled, schools closed as China fights new COVID-19 outbreakon October 21, 2021 at 6:48 am
- Polls suggest Japan’s ruling bloc will cling to election majorityon October 21, 2021 at 6:12 am
- 3 killed in gas explosion at restaurant in China’s Liaoningon October 21, 2021 at 4:46 am
- 6 missing, a day after ship capsizes off South Koreaon October 21, 2021 at 3:48 am